Product description for Joe Gibbs Performance BR Break-In Oil 15W-50
Used by Joe Gibbs Racing to break-in and dyno all their engines, this petroleum oil provides the highest levels of zinc and phosphorus for flat-tappet engines. The additive package promotes ring seal and provides maximum protection available for cams and lifters during initial break-in. Requires no additional additives. Viscosity typical of 15W-50.
- Used by Joe Gibbs Racing to break-in and dyno all their engines
- Petroleum oil provides the highest levels of zinc and phosphorus for flat-tappet engines.
- Additive package promotes ring seal and provides maximum protection available for cams and lifters during initial break-in.
- Requires no additional additives.
- Good for full power pulls on the dyno, one night of racing or up to 400 miles on the street.
- Provides maximum compression and generates maximum horsepower.
- Compatible with methanol and high-octane race fuels.
- Specifically designed for breaking in engines and flat tappet camshafts and lifters
- Combined with Joe Gibbs Driven Engine Assembly Grease, BR provides the highest levels of protection for camshafts, lifters, wrist pins, distributor gears, push rods and valve retainers.
- BR is fully formulated and requires no EOS or other additives.
- BR should be pre-heated to 180F before firing the engine for maximum protection.
- Because it is a 15W-50, BR can be used for up to 2 hours of break-in/dyno time before changing to race oil.
Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oils are specially formulated for the specific needs of racing engines. Our engineers and engine builders at Joe Gibbs Racing have put in countless hours perfecting our oil to maximize horsepower and protect vital parts. Our line of synthetic racing oils offer the best protection available with improved cold start protection.